Community Wealth Building & Regenerative Industries
WHAT WE ARE UP TO
Place Based Capital Program
Now open for registrations
Creating local capital and local impact funds
- Does your region have local development and investment opportunities but you struggle to secure the capital to deliver them?
- Are you tired of applying for temporary and ad-hoc grant funding and philanthropic donations?
- Would you like a more permanent source of capital and an investment vehicle that’s owned and led by your region and understands and values the development and investment opportunities?
- We have the solution for you…
Introducing Ethical Fields Place Based Capital Program.
We invite local councils, development authorities, NGOs, community and other interested parties to participate in a facilitated program that will bring together a group of regions from across Australia to create the Place Based Capital Community of Practice. Working together this community will design and evaluate a range of fund models that could transform the capital and investment landscape so that local people and regions thrive. By the end of the program the community of practice will have a ready to build solution, effective partnership, mandate and the collective ability to engage the stakeholders and resources required to establish place based capital in their regions.
Interested in registering for the program?
Download the proposal for the Place Based Capital Program here.
Contact Meaghan Burkett, Director Community Wealth Building via email: [email protected] or phone 0407 024 036.
Community Wealth Building
We partner with communities, governments and businesses to implement community wealth building.
We partner with businesses, governments and communities to transform and transition to regenerative and equitable models.
We work with government, industry, business and community to:
- Empower local people and places
Shift more ownership, control and decision-making of the local economy and development to the people that value and rely on it the most – local business owners, local employees, local community, local consumers.
- Increase local ownership and prosperity
Encourage all local people to invest in, and hold a financial and controlling stake in local assets and resources of all kinds – capital income, land, property, enterprises, infrastructure, equipment and more.
- Anchor opportunities and prosperity to place
Increase industries, businesses and jobs that are anchored locally and are committed to a region and its people.
- Make financial power work for local places
Stop wealth flowing out of local places and redirect it back into the local economy. Build local financial systems and vehicles owned and controlled by local people.
- Create an inclusive economy
Adopt more inclusive forms of economic development and business models that build wealth and prosperity for everyone.
- Create regenerative industries and regions
Grow industries, enterprises, jobs and supply chains that systematically reinvest in and regenerate the local community.
- Leverage local multipliers and reinvestment
Create an economy and development approach that systematically reinvests in and multiplies the local impact from development and economic activity in the region.
- Strengthen regions, towns and local communities
Create systems, institutions, enterprises, infrastructure and cultures that reinforce community ownership, leadership and wealth building.