Ethical Fields specialises in creating hands-on courses that grow individual capabilities while promoting collaborative learning. It’s all part of building the Common Wealth.
Regional and Economic Development via Community Wealth Building Courses
|1-day Introductory Courses|
|Community Wealth Building for Council||8 December 2022 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDT)|
|Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building||17 January 2023 (9:30 am – 12:00 pm AEDT)|
|Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building||30 March 2023 (9:30 am – 1:00 pm AEDT)|
|Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building||25 May 2023 (9:30 am – 1:00 pm AEST)|
|Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building||27 July 2023 (9:30 am – 1:00 pm AEST)|
|Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building||28 September 2023 (9:30 am – 1:00 pm AEST)|
|Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building||30 November 2023 (9:30 am – 1:00 pm AEDT)|
Introductory Course: Community Wealth Building for Council
This session provides councils and other anchor institutions with an introduction to community wealth building, an overview of the benefits it offers local places and people and the role council can play to realise these benefits.
Community wealth building is well established internationally where it has proven to bring real benefits to local towns and people and tangible improvements in economic, social, cultural and environmental outcomes. It is now growing in Australia with the examples such as the City of Ballarat and City of Sydney engaging the community to develop community wealth building plans and more established initiatives such as GROW 21.
If you’d like to offer this course to your staff, please get in touch here.
Introductory Course: Regional and Economic Development via Community Wealth Building for Leaders and Practitioners
This course provides an introduction to Regional and Economic Development via Community Wealth Building.
Community Wealth Building is a fast-growing regional and economic development approach.
Community wealth building can improve the prosperity, wellbeing, self-reliance and resilience of your region and local people. It can help solve the issues facing your region such as, such as changing economic opportunities, declining populations, unemployment, social disadvantage and more.
This course is designed for leaders and practitioners from government, NGOs and community organisations seeking a strategic understanding of the benefits, opportunity and solutions offered by community wealth building.
If you’d like to offer this course to your staff or stakeholders, please get in touch here.
Intermediate Course: Regional and Economic Development via Community Wealth Building: Practitioners Program
Pathways to inclusive and thriving regions, communities, economies, industries and enterprises
This program brings together leaders and practitioners from government, regional development and community development organisations who can envisage a thriving, prosperous and resilient future for their region and want to make it a reality using Community Wealth Building.
This proven approach brings real benefits to local towns and people, tangible improvements in economic, social, cultural and environmental outcomes, and a growing number of places across the world are adopting this approach.
As a result of this program, you will:
- Transform your perspective and thinking about regional and economic development;
- Understand the key principles, strategies, approaches and tools to apply community wealth building to regional and economic development;
- Learn from thought-leaders and change-makers from Australia and internationally;
- Be exposed to real world examples of community wealth building;
- Apply learning to priority issues in your region;
- Collaborate with and create a network of practitioners to support each other during and after the program.
For more information on the Intermediate Course schedules for 2022, please contact [email protected] or 0407024036.
Intermediate Course: Regenerative Futures
This course is for people who want to reclaim hopeful futures, for themselves, their communities and organisations. Learn how to use the future techniques to create a compelling vision with and for your community or organisation.
Leveraging Ethical Fields and partnership expertise, you’ll develop a vision and view of the transition through the course.
This is an online version of a very successful course provided to emerging leaders in a Victorian state government. It builds on practicing and teaching action oriented foresight in university, businesses, peak bodies and community settings.
Dr. Jose Ramos is a world leader in Futures, P2P, Thought Leadership and Green Industry Transition. His extensive work in mutant futures, anticipatory governance and work on participatory futures.
Gareth Priday is the Living Labs Leader in Australia. He holds a masters in Strategic Foresight and is a Partner at Ethical Fields working closely on Community Wealth Building across the economy.
The world is in flux with technology, social and political change at an unprecedented rate.
Everyday, there is a new headline that would have been unthinkable only a few years ago. COVID-19, Trump, climate change, arctic current reversal, murder hornets, the list goes on. This course is for people who want to reclaim hopeful futures, for themselves, their communities and organisations.
Leveraging Ethical Fields and partnership expertise, you’ll develop a vision and transition plan through the course. You’ll have access to a comprehensive online course, the Ethical Fields Interviews and three hands on sessions to practice using core technique and use them to develop your own project.
- Make sense of the future in practical ways
- Learn concrete strategies you can use alone or with your team to understand the future
- Connect the future with present day actions
- Use the image of the future to help tackle problems creatively
- Find alignment between you, your work and the change you want in the world
Each module comes with
- Thinkific Supported Online Course
- A video (approximately 15-20 min each module)
- Examples for each lesson
- A pdf overview that explains key concepts
- Course Miro Board
- Interviews and ideas to inspire
- Embedded examples
- Space for collaborative learning
- Space for your own project
- You will also be invited to join our slack group, and we will provide technical support if you have any troubles accessing content.
What’s in the online course?
- Module 1: What does systemic leadership mean? An intro to the systemic leadership triangle.
- Module 2: The Futures Landscape, an essential audit tool to understand future-readiness.
- Module 3: All about alternative futures and scenarios, and the cognitive science behind thinking about the future.
- Module 4: Jim Dator’s 4 Futures Model, a quick way to consider alternative futures.
- Module 5: Sensing and sense-making, the thinking behind identifying trends, weak signals and emerging issues.
- Module 6: The Futures Wheel, an easy to use tool to extrapolate cause and effect and identify future implications.
- Module 7: Three Horizons of Change. An advanced method for mapping change and developing robust strategic pathways that align with our preferred future.
Themes in the course:
- The inter (cognitive-emotional) and outer (practice) foresight journey
- Human blind-spots and challenges in thinking about the future
- Mapping change and anticipating change
- Leadership and foresight
- Systems, wicked problems and complexity
- Used Futures
- Transitions and change dynamics
Common Wealth Vol 1
Common Wealth: “Stakeholders With An Actual Stake”
Learn from experts that are each working in different ways to build the ways that communities can invest in themselves and build their Common Wealth. Each of the 17 modules is a standalone talk. You can listen to them in any order you want.
Stakeholders with an *actual* Stake
Holistic Management Courses
To access the videos by Bruce Ward from the holisticresults.com.au website simply register below.
You will be sent a link to the videos and can learn at your own pace. If you’d like to attend a course with others in attendance or get consulting specific to your context please get in touch with the Holistic Management Educators.