Programs and Services
We provide a range of programs and services to build community wealth and regenerative industries. Our current programs and services are outlined here. We can also create bespoke and tailored programs and services to meet your needs. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please contact Ethical Fields at [email protected].
Place Based Capital Program
- Does your region have local development and investment opportunities but you struggle to secure the capital to deliver them?
- Are you tired of applying for temporary and ad-hoc grant funding and philanthropic donations?
- Would you like a more permanent source of capital and an investment vehicle that’s owned and led by your region and understands and values the development and investment opportunities?
- We have the solution for you…
Introducing Ethical Fields Place Based Capital Program.
We invite local councils, development authorities, NGOs, community and other interested parties to participate in a facilitated program that will bring together a group of regions from across Australia to create the Place Based Capital Community of Practice. Working together this community will design and evaluate a range of fund models that could transform the capital and investment landscape so that local people and regions thrive.
Building on Community Wealth Building Principles, Ethical Fields envision a community-owned financial system, and the associated infrastructure, to fund place-based, impactful projects that will benefit local communities across Australia.
The co-funding and co-design program approach delivers significant value for your investment and enables you to develop valuable relationships and a community of practice with like-minded regions and peers to support your journey, learn more and achieve more together than you could alone, receive the outcomes and outputs for a fraction of the total cost and be in a stronger position to move forward with your place based capital goals.
By the end of the program the community of practice will have a ready to build solution, effective partnership, mandate and the collective ability to engage the stakeholders and resources required to establish place based capital in their regions.
National Policy and Strategy for Community Wealth Building
We are imagining a future where our national government has a National Policy, Strategy and Minister for Community Wealth Building.
What might a National Policy and Minister for Community Wealth Building do? Here are some ideas: give tax incentives to coops, mutuals, BCorps, social enterprises; support community leaders to facilitate energy hubs locally like EV parking stations and circular economy businesses through their regional development boards; legislate for at least 20% of all investments needing to be in regional impact funds.
Get a copy of our White Paper HERE.
Community Wealth Building Programs and Services
We offer the following programs and services that can help you adopt community wealth building in your region, organisation and/or community. We also offer bespoke services to meet your specific needs, to discuss contact [email protected]
Community Wealth Building Community of Practice
Be part of a Community of Practice for regional agencies, local councils, local enterprises and individuals interested in and/or actively implementing community wealth building development strategies in their region and communities. Join the Community Wealth Building Community of Practice for networking, events and sharing innovation, projects, programs, initiatives, investing and more.
Community Wealth Building Courses
Build your knowledge and capability in community wealth building by participating in one of our specially designed courses or get in touch to discuss your capability needs.
Community Wealth Building Regional Scan
Gain valuable insights about the current state and potential for community wealth building in your region using Ethical Field’s Community Wealth Building Scan. The community wealth building scan provides a benchmark of where your region sits, and reveals gaps and opportunities across the core community wealth building principles. The scan identifies data and research required to develop an evidence-led strategy and plan. It can also be used as an engagement and capability building tool to introduce the principles of community wealth building to your stakeholders and inspire them by what’s possible. The community wealth building scan is ideal for local government, regional development authorities, state government and non-government organisations responsible for regional, economic and/or community development in a region.
Stakeholder Engagement and Strategic Planning
Engage and inspire your stakeholders in the potential and opportunities for your region, and identify key focal areas for community wealth building in your region using Ethical Fields Local Engagement & Strategic Planning Program. This program provides a combination of capacity building and strategic planning with key local stakeholders to inform the development of a community wealth building plan that is unique to your region. This can be undertaken with internal and/or external stakeholders depending on the stage of your journey.
Community Wealth Building Leadership Building
Build a network of local leaders from government, business and community proficient in community wealth building using Ethical Fields Community Wealth Building Leadership Program. This program will develop the capability and capacity of local leaders to undertake locally relevant economic development and create resilient, adaptive and self-reliant local economies and communities using community wealth building. As a result, leaders will be motivated, confident and supported to inspire, engage and enable their local government, business and community to leverage and transform the local economic, capital and development landscape to enable their region to thrive.
Community Wealth Building Strategic Insights & Strategy Development
Develop policy, strategies and/or plans to build community wealth in your region. We can support you to identify strategic solutions through quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and mapping of existing networks, identification of opportunities, drivers and barriers, providing examples of emergent and best practice and providing practical recommendations. We can help you to embed community wealth building into existing policies, strategies and plans or develop specific community wealth building policies, strategies and plans for your region.
Community Wealth Building Funding Design & Solutions
We design, test and develop funding models and strategies for community wealth building.
- Place Based Capital Program – Creating Local Capital
Now open for registrations. This program will bring together a group of 15 regions from across Australia to create the Place Based Capital Community of Practice. Working together this community of practice will explore and develop locally-led and locally-owned solutions to create place based capital and local investment vehicles that can harness investment from your region and attract aligned co-investment from government, institutional and private investors to invest in local development priorities.
- CWB Capital Stack
Identify financing options that support community wealth building. We help design, test and develop the capital stack that will work for your initiative.
Community Wealth Building Anchor Collaboratives
Accelerate your goals and scale impact by developing an anchor collaborative. Anchor Collaboratives are a network of place-based anchor institutions that join together to develop, implement and support shared goals and initiatives that advance community wealth building. Anchor collaboratives intentionally align and leverage the significant every-day business activity of local anchor institutions in local hiring and purchasing, place-based investing and community wealth building practices to create jobs, increase incomes, build community/local/broadly held wealth, and spur community investments to redress systemic inequities. We can help you to engage and develop an anchor collaborative in your region.
Impact Supply Chains & Procurement
Harness supply chain networks and/or procurement to build community wealth. Supply chains and procurement provide valuable policy levers to achieve community wealth building goals in your region and/or organisation. We can support do this through quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and mapping of existing networks, identification of opportunities, drivers and barriers, providing examples of emergent and best practice and providing practical recommendations.
Bespoke programs and services
We offer bespoke programs and services to meet your community wealth building interests and needs.
Regenerative Industry Programs and Service
The program will:
- Create a network and community of practice of up to 100 Leaders from the agriculture and land management sector that will inspire and support each other to identify, create and optimise existing and future environmental market opportunities
- Build the knowledge and skills of participants in the fundamentals of natural capital, ecosystem services, environmental services and related market based mechanisms
- Encourage participants to envision the future role of primary producers and land managers in protecting, providing and or enhancing natural capital, ecosystem services and environmental services, and instill the importance/value of these individuals playing a leading role.
- Inspire participants to incorporate environmental services into their business plan and operations and leverage value from environmental markets
- Build the confidence of participants to lead the development of new and innovative private market mechanisms and influence existing regulated market mechanisms
- Connect participants with environmental market stakeholders, including buyers
- Encourage and support the network to engage the broader agricultural and land management community
- Use a behaviour change approach to create behavioural and systemic change
Do you want to:
- Incorporate natural capital as part of the foundation of your farming business?
- Evolve your farm business to preserve and enhance natural capital and ecosystem services?
- Future-proof farm productivity, resilience, sustainability and profitability?
- Earn a financial return for best practice land management?
- Feel confident and develop an entrepreneurial mindset to develop new and innovative market mechanisms or influence existing market mechanisms?
- Open to new ideas and trying new ways of doing things?
- Wanting to connect with like minded peers and build a network of support?
- Willing to share your learnings and experiences with others?
Join the Environmental Markets Leadership Program.
For more information contact Meaghan Burkett, Program Director via email: [email protected]
For more information about the program download the Program Explainer